Do you could have dry and tough hair? Are these tiresome hair care routines not working in your tresses? Well, there’s undoubtedly one thing unsuitable! To reap the utmost advantages of your shampoos, conditioners, and different styling merchandise, you first have to know your hair’s porosity stage. This won’t solely provide help to purchase merchandise in keeping with your hair kind but in addition enhance the general health of your hair. So, get able to do some loopy enjoyable experiments to search out your hair’s porosity stage.
But, earlier than we get into that, let’s perceive what hair porosity is.
Table Of Contents
- What Is Hair Porosity?
- Types Of Hair Porosity
- Hair Porosity Tests
- How To Keep Your Hair Moisturized
What Is Hair Porosity?
Hair porosity refers to your hair’s capability to soak up and retain moisture, shade, or another kind of liquid in its cuticle layer. Knowing your hair’s porosity helps you select the precise hair care merchandise and coverings which are appropriate on your tresses, thereby saving you the difficulty of making your individual hair care routine.
Some folks have very porous hair, some have a traditional stage of hair porosity, whereas others might have very low porosity. There are totally different ranges of hair porosity – low, medium/regular, and excessive – which have been mentioned intimately within the subsequent part.
Types Of Hair Porosity
- Low Porosity
In low porosity hair, the cuticles are tightly closed and clamped down, resisting the entry of moisture into the hair. This kind of hair makes it troublesome for moisture to enter it, however it additionally retains present moisture for a very long time. This kind of hair doesn’t take up oils and different hair therapies simply, inflicting a variety of product to construct up on the scalp.
- Normal/Medium Porosity
Normal porosity hair absorbs and retains the correct amount of moisture. This, in flip, makes your hair wholesome, lustrous, and voluminous. It additionally lets you experiment with totally different sorts of hairstyles and coloring processes.
- High Porosity
Highly porous hair has raised cuticles that take up and launch extra moisture, making your hair frizzy and lackluster. This kind of hair additionally will get tangled simply.
Now that there are totally different ranges of hair porosity, I’m positive you’re curious to learn the way porous your hair is. Do one of many hair porosity checks listed under to search out out!
Hair Porosity Tests
1. The Float Test
- Take a number of strands of your hair and put them in a bowl of water at room temperature.
- Make positive that your hair strands are clear as any residue on them will have an effect on the outcomes.
- Observe the hair strands for about 2-Four minutes.
- If your hair sinks instantly to the underside, it means your hair has excessive porosity. If it sinks very slowly, it means you could have regular hair porosity. If your hair is floating on the floor or in the midst of the water even after the stipulated time, it means your hair has low porosity.
2. The Slip And Slide Test
- Slide a hair strand between your index finger and thumb, ranging from the tip in the direction of your scalp.
- If you’re feeling that the slide is bumpy, you could have excessive hair porosity, and if the slide is easy, you could have low hair porosity. If the slide is regular, your hair porosity is regular.
three. The Spray Bottle Test
- Pick a strand of your hair and spray some water on it.
- If the water droplets sit on the floor of the strand, forming beads, you could have low hair porosity. If the water will get absorbed rapidly, you could have excessive hair porosity. But, if the water sits for a while on the floor of your hair after which will get absorbed, you could have regular hair porosity.
Apart from these standard checks, there are some secondary hair porosity checks that you could take to get correct affirmation of the outcomes. Check them out under!
- Fragrance Test
Go to anywhere that has a powerful odor/scent (a fragrance kiosk in a mall or a quick meals joint) and keep there for a substantial period of time. If your hair smells of that place once you get again house, you could have excessive hair porosity, and if not, you could have low hair porosity. However, in case your hair smells faintly of that place, you could have regular hair porosity.
- Products Test
Take be aware of the tempo at which your hair merchandise get absorbed into your hair. If the merchandise get absorbed at a really quick tempo, you could have excessive hair porosity. If they sit on the floor of your hair for a very long time, you could have low hair porosity. If the merchandise are working someplace in between, you could have regular hair porosity. In this check, you need to additionally think about your hair kind (curly, wavy, or straight hair) as a result of curly hair takes time to soak up hair merchandise whereas straight hair absorbs them rapidly.
- Hair Drying Test
Dampen your hair and see how lengthy it takes to dry. Hair with excessive porosity dries rapidly whereas low porosity hair takes a very long time to dry. If your hair dries at a traditional tempo, you could have regular hair porosity.
- Shine Test
Hair with low porosity is normally lustrous and displays mild whereas hair that’s extremely porous is normally uninteresting. If your hair is reasonably shiny, you could have regular hair porosity.
- Tangle Test
If your hair will get tangled simply and you discover it troublesome to take away the tangles, you could have excessive hair porosity. If your hair is simple to handle, you could have low hair porosity. If your hair is someplace in between, you could have regular hair porosity.
- Protein Test
Hair with excessive porosity is essentially the most receptive to protein therapies and reveals fast outcomes. If your hair is just not receptive to protein therapies, you could have low hair porosity. Normal porosity hair responds to such therapies in a balanced method.
Once you could have decided your hair’s porosity stage, the following step is to determine the right way to deal with it. Let us see the right way to deal with low, regular, and excessive porosity hair varieties.
How To Keep Your Hair Moisturized
- Low Porosity Hair Care
Since low porosity hair is moisture-resistant, it doesn’t retain moisture nicely. Here’s what you are able to do:
- Use moisturizing merchandise like argan oil, coconut oil, and jojoba oil. For finest outcomes, warmth the oil for a number of seconds earlier than massaging it onto your hair and scalp.
- Pamper your hair each two weeks with conditioning hair masks that comprise avocado, banana, and olive oil.
- Use a clarifying shampoo as soon as per week to take away all of the product build-up in your hair and scalp.
- Normal Porosity Hair Care
Medium porosity hair receives the correct amount of moisture. It responds nicely to styling, coloring, and different chemical therapies. However, don’t bask in these chemical therapies too typically as they might harm your hair and trigger hair fall.
- High Porosity Hair Care
High porosity hair requires further care as it’s vulnerable to breakage, harm, dryness, frizz, and tangling. Here’s what you are able to do to nourish and defend it:
- Use a leave-in conditioner each alternate day to retain the moisture and forestall your hair from drying out.
- Massage your hair and scalp with jojoba oil, olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil usually to nourish and moisturize them.
- Avoid utilizing warmth styling instruments, serums, and hairsprays.
It is important that you know the way porous your hair is to plot an amazing hair care routine for it. It the easiest way to deal with hair points – like hair fall, breakage, and dullness – on the core.
Do have any extra questions on hair porosity? Leave them within the feedback part under, and we’ll get again to you!
The put up Everything You Need To Know About Hair Porosity appeared first on TopBeautySecrets.org.