I’m obsessive about DIY scrubs. Why? They are the most affordable and most secure strategy to rub your pores and skin issues away! Just wander round your kitchen, and one can find all of the substances you want to maintain your pores and skin. The two commonest substances that one can find mendacity in your kitchen cupboard are coconut oil and sugar. When mixed, coconut oil and sugar can moisturize and exfoliate your pores and skin and hold it child comfortable. How? Scroll down to seek out out!
Benefits of Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
Coconut oil and sugar are good for exfoliating not solely your face but in addition the remainder of your physique. However, in case you have oily and acne-prone pores and skin, keep away from utilizing coconut oil in your face. It can block your pores and skin pores and worsen your zits or trigger breakouts.
Now, let’s concentrate on why you need to take into account this straightforward and wonderful scrub on your skincare wants.
1. It Keeps Your Skin Hydrated
Coconut oil is a pure moisturizer. It is a wonderful emollient and very useful in stopping dry, flaky pores and skin and circumstances equivalent to atopic dermatitis (1). Sugar, however, is a humectant that attracts moisture from the setting and retains your pores and skin hydrated.
2. Coconut Oil Can Kill Harmful Bacteria
Coconut oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that may stop many pores and skin points attributable to micro organism (1).
three. It Is An Effective Exfoliant
Coconut oil and sugar scrub can gently do away with lifeless pores and skin cells. Compared to salt, sugar granules are much less abrasive. Therefore, they filter out the grime, stimulate pores and skin cell development, and take away all traces of make-up out of your pores and skin.
four. Coconut Oil Has Antioxidant Properties
Virgin coconut oil incorporates antioxidants (2). These antioxidants defend your pores and skin from environmental harm and free radicals. They additionally stop oxidative stress, which, in flip, prevents mobile breakdown. This reduces the possibilities of untimely getting old and retains your pores and skin youthful and wholesome.
5. Sugar Prevents Ingrown Hair
As talked about earlier, the coconut oil and sugar scrub can be utilized on any space of your physique. This might be your secret weapon to forestall razor bumps and ingrown hair. Using the scrub on the affected space (the place you get probably the most ingrown hairs) not less than thrice every week can stop the hair from curling up inside your pores and skin.
Who knew that two easy substances like coconut and sugar might have these many advantages, proper? Let’s examine how one can make a easy DIY coconut oil and sugar scrub at dwelling.
DIY Coconut Oil And Sugar Scrub
You Will Need
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar (white or brown, ideally natural and granulated)
- 10 drops lemon important oil (you might use lavender, vanilla, candy orange, tea tree, or another important oil of your alternative)
- 1 tablespoon lemon (you can even use another citrus fruit zest, equivalent to orange or grapefruit)
- Put the solidified coconut oil in a microwave-proof glass bowl.
- Microwave it for 45 seconds or till the oil has utterly melted.
- Transfer the oil to a different glass bowl, add sugar, and blend.
- Now, add the important oil(s) and citrus zest (elective). Combine all of the substances.
- Transfer the combination to a glass or half pint jar.
Remember, this scrub is preservative-free, so it is not going to keep contemporary for lengthy. Make it in small batches that you should utilize up inside every week or two. Store it within the fridge to maintain it contemporary. You can use this scrub to therapeutic massage your face, arms, and different physique components. Here is how you are able to do that.
How To Use Coconut Oil And Sugar Scrub
On Your Face
Note: Don’t add citrus important oil if you’re utilizing the scrub in your face. Citrus important oil doesn’t swimsuit everybody and will trigger a response in your pores and skin. Reduce its amount if you happen to nonetheless wish to use it.
- Take a small amount of the scrub in your arms.
- Apply it throughout your face, besides the fragile space round your eyes.
- Massage for 30-60 seconds in a round movement.
- Rinse your face with chilly water and pat dry.
On Your Hands
- Take a little bit of the scrub in your arms.
- Rub it between your palms and unfold it throughout your arms.
- Massage your arms and fingernails for a minute.
- Rinse your arms and pat them dry.
On Your Legs And Feet
- Soak your legs and toes for a couple of minutes in heat water to melt the pores and skin.
- Sit in a snug place on the sting of your bathtub or on a small stool.
- Take some scrub in your arms.
- Massage it throughout your legs. Focus on the areas between your toes and the dry patches. Don’t apply it to the soles of your toes. If you do it apply it to your soles, wash them totally with a gentle cleanser earlier than standing as much as keep away from slipping.
- Rinse your legs and pat them dry.
Note: Be cautious whereas utilizing it in your legs within the bathtub to keep away from any accidents.
You can discover quick outcomes after utilizing this wonderful scrub, so you’ll be able to wash it off inside a minute. The smartest thing about this DIY scrub is you can add substances equivalent to vitamin E oil, cinnamon powder, and oatmeal to customise it on your particular pores and skin wants. So, don’t waste time and pamper your pores and skin with this tremendous easy scrub. Tell us about your expertise with it within the feedback part under!